Sunday, June 25, 2017

Making Progress

I’m just about at the 3-month mark of my time here, and life is good!  I’ve started forming very basic Korean sentences, and I’ve been picking up words here and there when I hear my co-workers talking to each other.  There was actually one day when I heard them say the word for refrigerator about 10 times in a span of thirty seconds.  I was excited because I knew what they we talking about, but also quite confused as to why the word “refrigerator” needed to be said that many times in rapid succession.  Sounded like a very juicy conversation indeed!  (I’m also a bit confused as to why “refrigerator” was one of the first words I studied in my language learning app.)

Things at school have been going great as well.  I no longer get very stressed about lesson planning and feel much more comfortable with my 900+ students.  My co-teachers are extremely friendly and helpful.  They even took me out for drinks last Friday!  I feel very lucky with my placement as I know not all teaching gigs in Korea are equal.  Also, only a couple more weeks until vacation!


I keep busy during the week with studying Korean, playing Frisbee, or shredding some gnar with the longboard crew in Ulsan Grand Park.  It’s a good life, and I’m very thankful for it.  Happy Sunday everybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment